I’ve been away for awhile.
I’ve been very busy.
Astrologer Robert Hitt calls 2015 the Year Of The Sledgehammer, a description I find so apropos. We have been living in an environment of:
- perpetual media and government lies, manipulation and spin
- astonishing levels of government and corporate corruption
- a population paralyzed with fear and confusion
- relentless slow-motion economic mega disaster
- the destruction of the middle class
- the stripping of constitutional rights
- full police state power
- unending low grade wars
- insane western politicians chafing at the bit to start the big one – all out thermo-nuclear war with Russia
- the ongoing plunder and destruction of the planet
Here Is My Plan
I acknowledge to myself that I am living in a brave new world and to survive and thrive in this insanity of chaos I incorporate the following practices into my life. If you are still reading please take them for what they are worth:
- I often spend time outside, preferably in sunshine. Wilderness is best.
- I cultivate friendships that nourish.
- I practice small acts of kindness in whatever way may seem appropriate.
- I meditate and spend time in contemplation daily. The greater the turmoil outside, the more I meditate.
- I tune in and listen to what the Great Mystery tells me about reality.
- I pray for peace. Often.
- In some way I act for peace. Often.
- I care for my body and strive to give it sufficient rest, clean food and pure water.
- I play music.
- I consistently unplug from a world that is increasingly inundated by EMF pollution. I recently bought an EMF analyzer like the one in the video below and found out the worst offenders in our house were the cordless phone and the WiFi. I unplug. I unplug. I unplug.
I invite you to share with me your ways of bringing harmony and coherence to your world.
May there be peace in our hearts.
May there be peace for all humanity.
May there be perfect peace on earth.
Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.
– Max Ehrmann 1927