Listen to this…
- The US Census Bureau says that over 43 million Americans are now living in poverty, the highest in over 50 years their records have been kept.
- 13% of the American population is now living on food stamps; a whopping 17% increase over last year.
- Close to half of American families spend more than they earn each year.
- The average household carries $8,000 in credit card debt.
- Personal bankruptcies have doubled in the past decade.
- The National Inflation Association (NIA) reports that even if all US citizens were taxed on 100% of their income the US government could still not balance the budget. We are rapidly reaching the point where the government cannot afford to pay even the interest on the debt.
In the 1930’s anyone who was out of work was reported as being unemployed. Now the government only records people who are receiving benefits. Excluded are:
- people who have given up looking for work
- people with part time work but are looking for full time work
- unemployed people whose benefits have expired
The official unemployment rate is 9.3%. The real one is probably closer to 20%.
As long as US dollar remains the world reserve currency (and that won’t last) the government has the power to print its way out of debt which is exactly what is happening right now.
All of this is bringing us to a currency crisis and what we will see is:
- the price of all goods, including food, skyrocketing
- more shanty towns
- food shortages
- eventually, food riots
- keep basic food and water supplies
- start planting your own food
- buy silver coins
- develop inner strength through your spiritual practice
- start networking in your community
- start your own business
From the bottom of my heart I wish all of you a happy and successful 2011.
May there be peace in our hearts.
May there be peace for all humanity.
May there be perfect peace on earth.
PS I gratefully accept your comments and feedback.