Time To Create Your Own Business
This was the world I grew up in. My, how things have changed.
- My parents bought their first and only home in the early 1950’s when the average house price was under $10,000. Ours was an extravagant $16,000.
- The average mortgage payments during this period ranged from $50-100/month.
- Jobs were relatively plentiful then. After all, there wasn’t too much competition, Europe and Japan had been bombed to smithereens and they were still climbing out of the rubble of World War II.
- My father was an engineer and he basically had one job all his life.
- In our family there were 4 kids and my stay-at-home Mom.
- Credit cards didn’t exist.
- Aside from our home my father paid cash for everything, including the family car.
- My father was able to retire at age 60 in 1984 with a comfortable pension.
Here’s Why You Have To Create Your Own Business
You could say that in many ways the system worked for my parents generation. Today all the rules have changed:
- Today a one dollar bill has purchasing power of just one nickel ($0.05) when I was born.
- Our manufacturing base has been literally uprooted and shipped off to countries like China, Vietnam and Bangladesh.
- In the US today, the gap between the rich and the poor is the highest in any industrialized nation in the world.
- All over the world we are seeing economies collapsing under enormous mountains of debt.
- Governments worldwide are bankrupt and desperate to extract more taxes from already over-taxed citizens. Just last week Illinois governor Pat Quinn signed into law a whopping 66% state income tax increase.
- We are now seeing true unemployment at levels that haven’t existed since 1930’s.
- In the US the housing market has slipped into depression territory:
Home values have fallen 26 percent since their peak in June 2006. This is worse than the 25.9-percent decline experienced in the Great Depression between 1928-1933.
November 2010 marked the 53rd consecutive month (That’s 4 ½ years folks!) that home values have fallen in the US.
- And the icing on the cake, a huge wave of baby boomers is now reaching retirement age. It is inevitable that we will experience a complete breakdown of the pension system.
It is clear that depending on a job for your financial security is NOT an option. You have to create your own business.
- “How much have I been able to save in the last five years?”
- “Am I better off now than I was then?”
- “Knowing what is going on in the world, if I continue to do what I am doing right now, what will my life be like in five years?”
Think about it. Create your own business.
Check out my link above: PARTNER WITH ME.